Math Course 1 is recommended for students ages 10 and up and covers –
- Estimating with Whole Numbers and Decimals
- Exponents and Order of Operations
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Decimals
- Divisibility Rules
- Prime and Composite Numbers
- Factors and Prime Factorization
- Greatest Common Factor and Least Common Multiple
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Fractions
- Percent, Decimals, and Fractions
Prerequisite: Students need to have mastered addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers.
A diagnostic assessment is required to ensure students are ready to begin this class.
Course: 80 minutes once a week for 32 weeks
Private tutoring (TBD): $50 per session
Group tutoring is on Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:00-4:30 PM at The Rickett Domain: $40 per student
Class is held on Wednesdays from 9:00-10:20 AM at First Baptist Church (Aug-May): $15 per student
*Because class space is limited, a $50 registration and resource fee is due to hold your place. This fee is non-refundable. 10 payments of $48 each are due on the first Wednesday of each month (Aug – May). For classes, all tuition is due regardless of attendance; a $10 late fee will be assessed.